Institute for Design Problems in Microelectronics of Russian Academy of Sciences (IPPM RAS)
Director: Director Alexander L. Stempkovsky
Phone: +7 (499) 729 9208
Address: Sovetskaya str., bldg. 3, Moscow, 124365, Russia
The Institute for Design Problems in Microelectronics of Russian Academy of Sciences (IPPM RAS) was established in 1986th (until April 1998th, the name of the Institute was the Research Institute of VLSI CAD Systems).
IPPM RAS is the part of the Department for Nanotechnologies and InformationTechnologies (ONIT) of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Research and development:
Development of General Purposes Digital IP Blocks and Computational Modules
The circuit simulation system
NanoLib-Sim (NL-Sim): Deep-submicron and Nanometer Standard Cell and IP Block Characterization, Library Characterization Services
The main IPPM RAS activities include:
- Development of CAD systems for micro- and nanoelectronics.
- Development of high-efficient microelectronic computing systems.
- Design of advanced devices and integrated circuits in micro- and nanoelectronic ranges.
The main scientific and applied results were achieved in the following directions:
- Methods and algorithms for analysis of RF integrated circuits.
- Methods and algorithms for digital VLSI analysis and optimization.
- Development of analog-digital integrated circuits and IP-blocks.
- Development of analog and digital cell libraries.
- Development of models and algorithms for the navigation systems design.
- Development of photosensitive elements.
- Methods of modular arithmetic for design of highly reliable micro-electronic digital computing equipment.
- Development of parallel dataflow computing system.
- Magnetic film elements and sensors.
Along with fundamental research, scientists and researchers of the Institute carry out applied researches for the programs of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Ministries of the Russian Federation, foreign scientific organizations, Russian and foreign commercial companies.
IPPM RAS has Dissertation Council for doctoral and Ph.D. dissertations.
Since 2005th IPPM RAS organizes and holds regular scientific conference titled "Problems of Advanced Micro- and Nanoelectronic Systems Development" (MES conferences). Since 1992nd IPPM RAS is the co-founder of the largest European conference and exhibition DATE (Design Automation and Test in Europe), which brings together academic researchers, developers of the microelectronic systems and devices; vendors, customers and users of VLSI & SoC design automation systems.
Back to the list